Friday, March 22, 2013

Archimedean Solids

First there was the one from the worksheet made in class:




The Small Rhombicuboctahedron
  •  26 faces:(8 equilateral triangles & 18 squares)
  • 24 vertices
  • 48 edges




And then there my pride and joy that I spent an all nighter on! We were suppose to make another Archimedean Solid, but with a design that would work with it's shape. On the bottom is the net I used to make the shape, from korthasaltes.com. On the right is a mid progress shot. Drawing the net out took more time because I miscalculated the first time I started it. To make the triangles and the pentagons I needed two separate compasses. On the net the radius of the pentagon is a different size to it's side, which is what determines the size for the triangle. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment